Purpose and Approach
Throughout the Arab region, there is a rapidly growing valuation of the disclosure and analysis of “sustainability” performance of all organisations.
Major drivers of this demand include, but are not limited to:
- The opening of major regional stock markets to foreign investors, who seriously consider sustainability performance to inform their investment decisions.
- Regional companies expanding into international markets where their overall competitiveness, and bottom line is affected by stringent Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) regulations.
- The establishment of demanding long-term national visions in several Arab nations which include sustainability as a core strategic element. Organisations are expected to demonstrate their measured impact against ambitious human, social, economic and environmental goals embedded within these national plans.
ArabSustainability.com is an open, online platform, with the most up-to-date database of organisational sustainability performance in the region.
Objectives of the platform:
- To challenge every organisation in the region to report and improve its sustainability performance.
- To provide organisations with related tools and resources to improve performance.
- To be the best source of sustainability performance data and insights in the region.
The site is a beta version, therefore we actively seek your input and feedback on how we can continue to improve it. Contact us for more insights.